As seen in The Globe and Mail's 'Home of the Week'!
While buying a Home is exciting, purchasing a quality Home that provides both stylish shelter and financial opportunity is thrilling.
Think of it.
Purchasing the right space invites you to make it your own - your way. And when it's located within a revitalizing neighbourhood that's gathering momentum, a modern dwelling becomes its own opportunity. This is precisely the case with our newly transformed property in Leslieville. Not only is this a unique opportunity to purchase a substantial renovation in one of the City's premium gentrifying neighbourhoods, but you'll subsequently be riding the wave of change that ensures continued desirability and financial reward. For the busy professional who doesn't want to get mired in significant renovations or repairs, here's your chance to see what it’s all about with this sweet Semi on an generous lot in Prime Leslieville.
Welcome to 34 Louvain Avenue.
Located just north of Queen Street one street east of Pape Avenue, this just completed three-bed one-and-a-half-bath semi-detached home is a Leslieville lover’s dream! The perfect marriage of location and value, this sun-filled home was renovated to create an oasis of calm in the heart of one of Toronto’s most vibrant and eclectic neighbourhoods.
Revered as a beacon of the cutting edge, Leslieville is becoming increasingly more sought after (good news for those who subscribe to the ‘location, location, location' mantra of real estate). It also offers the rare combination of high style, but also a humble, down-to-earth vibe, which is a perfect fit for Buyers who want a neighbourhood with character and flair. It’s also about value - and is of particular interest for those seeking a calibre home at a fair price.
There is no question that where you live matters to the quality of your life - which is great news for this lucky Buyer. Living here means convenience, amenities and a unique modern flair, all wrapped up in a ribbon of urban cool.
This is the ideal location for nature, water and fitness lovers; this property is just a short stroll, bike, or blade away from the sanctuary of the Leslie Spit and the recreation of the Beach. Flanked with green space, this home is literally a five-minute to 10-minute walk to parks in either direction- with Leslie Grove Park to the East and Jimmie Simpson and Bruce Mackey Parks to the West. Take note runners, walkers and pet owners! Imagine, a location with accessible cardio cleansing, contemplation, and day dreaming and pet exercise just steps from your door!
Pet owners will appreciate the variety of pet-friendly amenities that are conveniently located along your walk route (click here for an urbaneer post about fantastic stores The Bone House and Barkside Bistro).
Meeting with friends to grab a quick bite, drink or visit over coffee? Your greatest dilemma will be deciding where to go, and which shoes to wear, because you are surrounded by quality eateries, bistros and cafes a quick stroll away. Some of our faves include Mercury Espresso for our shots of espresso, Lady Marmalade for brunch and Queen Margherita Pizza for sharing and the Brick Street Bakery for all manners of sustenance. On the go? Delica Kitchen is a great stop for delicious soups, salads and pret å manger sandwiches and, for those who crave something sweet, there's the always enticing Bobbette and Belle Bakery.
And for those who have to hit the road, this home is down the street from the 24-hour Queen streetcar and Carlaw to Lake Shore Boulevard offers easy access to the Don Valley Parkway and the Gardiner Expressway. How amazing is that?
Recently transformed by a practicing architect from Germany, this clean-lined contemporary semi-detached dwelling offers the busy professional instant turn-key living. Featuring upgraded building components, a superb space plan, and a well-proportioned landscaped garden with laneway parking, this precise modern home is the perfect place to hang your hat.
Thoughtfully designed with impeccable attention to detail, this home sweet home unfolds with a gracious hexagonal tiled foyer that connects to a hall closet and powder room, serving as an intelligent transition zone that creates a layer of privacy between the street and the entertainment space beyond. The main level has a terrific cohesive open plan which is cleverly delineated into three articulated areas. The first is the lounge which features an an exposed brick wall, plank floors, and sliding doors that connect to an east-facing outdoor deck wrapped in bamboo fencing perfect for morning coffee. The kitchen, which boasts quality appliances, custom duo-tone cabinetry, and a dreamy island, bridges the space with a linear layout ideal for the resident chef, connecting to a spacious dining area perfect for hosting dinner fetes and Sunday brunches. We love the expansive glazing which faces the deck and fenced garden which, with its northwest exposure, is perfectly-positioned for the late afternoon sun.
A wood-tread stair with custom metal rail ascends to the second level. Positioned under a vaulted ceiling with wood beams and 2 skylights (one with operable remote), the sun-filled landing leads to two bedrooms, a child nursery / home office, and a luxe spa washroom. Fitted with white oak plank flooring like the main level, creating visual cohesion, this level is a well-proportioned private sanctuary for domestic bliss. Of particular merit is the abundance of built-in storage which has been custom-tailored (even a jewelry drawer in the master bedroom closet!), and the dreamy skylit washroom with its deep soaking tub, walk-in shower, floating toilet and vanity with double sinks. Isn't this brilliant?
The unfinished lower level serves as a utility area including laundry, and offers the buyer potential to tailor it to suit their own particular needs, whether that be a hobby space or work out room.
Landscaped front, back and side, the property has an enclosed rear garden ready for your pet, laneway parking, and an attractive stucco facade with woodwork accents that gives the house a unique appearance. Check out our upgrade list below to see how comprehensive a transformation has undergone, including several thoughtful sustainable improvements.
• Designer pot lights and light fixtures
• Designer tiles by CeraGres and ABK Industrie Ceramiche
• Wide plank 5-7/8” white Oak hardwood floors throughout in a matt finish
• Large pocket door to kid’s room / office
• Solid door slabs for better sound isolation
• Oak stairs
• Custom metal railing with solid oak handrail
• Custom paints and stains by Benjamin Moore
• Large walk out deck at rear and concrete paver terrace at garden level
• Side yard balcony/deck on main floor with intimate stone garden
• Front porch with cedar privacy screen and floors
• Brick façade on main floor and new stucco with pine siding on second floor
• Professionally designed and landscaped front & backyard
• Custom built designer kitchen (white extra matte and natural wood surfaces)
• Blum soft closing hardware
• Stainless 1 1/2 sink
• Blanco faucet with spray hose
• Cesarstone countertops
• Bosch 30” induction cooktop
• Bosch 30” self-cleaning wall oven with Genuine European Convection
• Bosch paneled ultra-quiet dishwasher with cutlery rack
• Fisher & Paykal stainless steel fridge + bottom freezer with Activesmart Technology
• Panasonic Microwave with Inverter Tech & Turbo Defrost
• Faber range hood with 600 CFM
• All appliances are energy efficient & EnergyStar rated
• Designer tile backsplash
• Walk-out to deck and garden
• Oversized picture window
Main Floor Bath (2-piece)
• Duravit sink and Grohe faucet
• DVX toilet with dual flush
• Designer tile
2nd Floor Bath (5-piece)
• Walk-in shower with Hansgrohe thermostat with Raindance showerhead, bar, glass shower stall
• Large centre drain tub with Hansgrohe fixtures
• Kohler double sink with wall-mounted faucets and custom designer vanity
• DVX wall hung toilet
• Designer tiles
Windows & Facade
• High efficient, EnergyStar-rated
• Wooden windows with aluminum cladding on the outside to provide warmth and beauty of wood with the maintenance-free durability of aluminum cladding
• Argon filled Double pane glass with Low E coating and Superspacer for ultimate Energy efficiency in winter as well as summer.
• New stucco & pine siding on 2nd floor exceeding the requirements for insulation set by Ontario Building Code
• Velux skylights
• Low VOC materials and finishes
• Sustainable lumber
• Recycling of construction debris
• Natural ventilating skylight setup with electric operated skylight at highest point to use natural chimney effect for fresh air flow
• New lead free water service
• Dual flush toilets & low-flow faucets
• Energy efficient & energy star rated appliances, AC, windows, skylights and furnace
• Induction cooktop & true convection oven
• Smart thermostat
• Completely new plumbing
• New 3/4 “ water service (lead free)
• New 100 Amp electrical panel & new wiring
• New 2 tons Goodman GSC 13 split system air conditioning and ductwork
• New energy star rated Windows
• New energy star rated Skylights
• New continuous insulation on second floor exceeding that required by code; new attic insulation
• LED Pot lights
Without question, this is the ideal property for the busy professional who doesn't have the time nor inclination to tackle the multiple maintenance and upgrade projects typically required of the area's vintage housing stock. With recent building components including roof, wiring, heating/cooling, plumbing and windows - plus some uber-stylish calibre fittings and finishes - this swelegant designer-residence is all set for your first fete. Just unpack your cocktail shaker and call your pals!
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Want to learn more about Leslieville neighbourhood and its amenities? Here's our Neighborhood Page on Leslieville including our flavour video, the city census data on the area, plus several past blogs on area amenities! And don't miss our other comprehensive Neighbourhood Pages. We love Toronto's diversity!SOLD